Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Take me out to the ballgame

We took Eric to his first baseball game this last weekend.  He LOVED it.  He kept pointing to the field and saying ball.  He especially loved cheering every time our team struck out or the other team got a home run (not sure why he wouldn't cheer with the crowd, but would cheer on his own).  He enjoyed eating a ball park hot dog. And most of all, he loved spending time with his cousins. 

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
 At the old ball game

3 comments:

Julie L said...

I am always amazed at how naturally little guys take to ballgames. Look how far up you were for him to pay attention to the fact that a game was even going on! So stinking cute!

Seth and Julie said...

Eric is too cute! We were so happy to finally see him in person and I am happy to see you posting again. I love getting to know all of you this way. At the reunion it felt like meeting up with people I already knew well because I have been following you all around online.

Unknown said...

We need to go to the ball park witih cousins too! Monday nights are FHE! How fun, love your poem!