Monday, March 18, 2013

Welcoming Luke


Well, I feel a little sheepish posting this so late, but I'm finally getting around to posting hospital pictures of Lucas.
 
 
We welcomed our second son, Lucas Dean, on February 11 at 2:06 PM.  He weighed in at 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 20 inches long.  We are absolutely in love with this little guy in our house.  
 
We had an induction scheduled for 7:30 the morning of the 11th.  I guess Luke got the memo because I woke up at 2 AM with painful contractions that were consistent but still 20 minutes apart.  He figured he was coming within the next couple days whether they had room at the hospital for an induction or not.  Luckily when I called the hospital, they did have a bed for me so we dropped Eric off at his grandmas and headed up to the hospital.  Everything went perfectly with the induction (except for my inability to handle an IV.  Don't ask me why I can handle an epidural just fine but an IV makes me sick).  I did learn this time that if I am starting to feel the need to push, don't let the anesthesiologist give me the extra heavy duty medicine that I requested.  After he left I told the nurse that I needed to push, she got the doctor who confirmed it was time, then the extra medicine kicked in and I couldn't feel a thing so we had to wait around for the medicine to wear off a little.  Luke checked out perfectly in all areas and has been a wonderful little baby.  Eric adores him and is always showering him with kisses and usually gentle pats.   
 
 
Luke's first moments of life

Getting measured
 
First bath


 
Mommy heaven

Eric meeting his baby brother for the first time

A family picture.  Eric wasn't so sure about me in the hospital bed so he had to be bribed to stay in the picture with a toy. 


5 comments:

Hil said...

Aw congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Love Brito stories. Is never too late or early it'll be a story to remember forever!

Julie L said...

I still can't believe how bright eyed he was on the day of his birth - still is. Loves looking at the world! and it didn't take Eric long to adjust to all the trappings of the hospital room, did it? Love seeing all these pictures, Tonya. I agree with Makinzee - Never, ever too late. You've definitely had more important things in your hands, and you're doing it beautifully, too!

Snow's said...

Congratulations! So fun to hear you have two sons! I hope you're all doing well, and of course I remember both you and Brian! where are you guys now, it would be so fun to see you if you're still in the state!

Kyle and Amanda said...

Tonya! You look amazing! How do you look so beautiful even during child birth?
Love baby Luke, what a happy family.