Sunday, January 29, 2012

Christmas

Brian and I were so excited for Christmas this year.  I mean, really, Santa hasn't been to our home for 11 years (he has this funny way of not coming when there on no children in the house to visit).  So even though this was probably our last chance to sleep in on Christmas for many many years to come, we were up and out of bed by 6:00 AM (I was actually showered by 6 because Eric was fussy at 5:30 and needed a pacifier again and I decided that a shower was more tempting than bed).   Our excitement was well-founded.  Eric was so much fun.  We took him downstairs where his gifts were waiting and he was thrilled.  He ran up to the rocking horse that was too big for Santa to wrap and patted it saying "see, see", then he walked to the wrapped gifts, "see, see", back to the rocking horse, "see, see", over to the stocking, "see, see".  Better than the reaction we thought we'd get out of a first Christmas




 Hmmm, what's in this one?


 Oops, did I get caught tearing something I shouldn't be?



 Even though Brian calls clothes toilet paper gifts, this little guy didn't think so.  We couldn't get him to put down this outfit his Grandma and Grandpa L gave him.  In fact, this ranks up there as one of his favorite things to wear, my boy has a good sense of style (not from me, I might add).

 A time out from gifts to play with daddy's train.  He wasn't happy unless this train was running full speed around the Christmas tree all December.

 Because we were up so early, Eric was able to get in a good breakfast, nap and bath all before church at 11:00.  I love church at Christmas time because there is so much music in the meetings, and Christmas sunday was no exception.  We live in a wonderful and talented ward so the music on Christmas was a delight to listen to and brought the spirit so strongly.  

After church, there was time for the rest of the gifts from Sants, another good nap, then on to Christmas at Grandma and Granddad A's house. 

Another gift?  Wow, this kid was spoiled. 

"A Book!!!! Emily, you got me my favorite thing to play with!!!"

Eric's final gift of the day was this table and chairs set his granddad made for him.  All the families have a set.  When Eric saw his, he squeeled and ran straight up to it.  He knew this one was his and he loved it. 

5 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

How fun! He looks so happy!

Julie L said...

It was so so fun to get to share a little of the day with all of you! Eric was absolutely the cutest thing ever with his "see, see, see!" He is growing too fast!

After so many years with Santa coming to our own home, I have to admit I've missed him the last few years, so it's been wonderful to be able to see it through the eyes of our Grandchildren.

Bonnie said...

So fun! I love that age, he is so cute in his Pj's too.

Seth and Julie said...

Christmas is so much fun with kids, even more fun than when I was a kid, I think. He looks so cute! One of my kids was just days away from one on their first Christmas as well and it was great because she was so excited and could actually participate.

Unknown said...

I didn't know Eric was a binki baby. Guess we need to see you guys more! That mean Santa...can't believe he hasn't visited in the last 11 years!)